Update on Uptown Boca new major complex on Glades RoadJanuary 23rd, 2020
Get ready for a new Chick-fil-A, sit down restaurants, shops, 456 apartments and a luxury movie house.
Uptown Boca, the first new major development in decades, is under way on the corner of Glades Road and U.S. 441.
The vision of a new generation of Boca developers, Brian Schmier and Alex Rosemurgy updated West Boca Community Council with their partner Rick Giles.
They expect tenants to frequent the retail and restaurants and leave their cars home. “This is mixed use that really works,” Schmier said.
Here’s the timeline for openings:
· Pre-leasing for 456 rental apartments with a clubhouse, pool, fitness center and dog spa will start April 1.
· Rents for 800- to 1,400-square-foot, one- to four-bedroom apartments start at $1,800. Workforce housing units are expected to be $500 to $600 less.
· Residents will have a separate, gated entrance. The first building will open in early July. Construction for all seven apartment buildings is expected to take a year.
· Retailers including Lucky’s Market and restaurants will start opening in mid-summer. Naked Taco, Olive U, a nail salon, hair salon and a cleaner are among them. They’re still signing up retail tenants.
· Silverspot Cinema, now in Coconut Creek, will open a new location with 11 screens.
Some residents were very concerned about traffic. The developers said they worked with the county and have met all requirements.
The project is under way and the former farm on Glades between 95th Avenue South and 441 has been cleared for development.
“People will pull into the shopping center or go east,” said council president Sheri Scarborough. “People don’t go west from east Boca. It’s you and I. We’re looking for a better experience.”
By Marci Shatzman
Source: Marci Shatzman / The Boca Voice
Leave a Comment