Sawgrass Mills’ recently announced renovation will be the mall’s largest to date and construction could be completed in time for its 30th anniversary.
The remodel, slated for completion by 2020, will change both the inside and outside of Sawgrass Mills, but mostly its common areas.
Changes coming to Sawgrass Mills:
- Food courts will be updated: The West Food Hall will have an open kitchen concept with Latin decor and the East Food Hall will get a bistro-like design with greenery and “community-style seating.” This food hall will also get a new exterior entryway for more convenient access.
- Outside, the mall will get a new entrance embellished with colorized glass, landscaping and art elements.
- New porcelain tile flooring with marble and stone accents can be expected in certain sections.
- New seating and tables will be available in common areas.
- A mix of natural light from a skylight and artificial light from eco-friendly LEDs will be added.
- New signage for the exterior of the mall will be added.
The remodel accompanies Sawgrass Mills’ growing roster of storefronts. In summer 2020, Primark will open its first store in the Southeast U.S., located in the east side of Sawgrass Mills. Primark is a clothing and homeware retailer that operates 360 stores in 11 countries.
Additionally, the AC Hotel by Marriott is expected to be open by fall 2020 at the mall. Construction of the 174-room hotel is set to begin this spring.
Its most recent opening: Seasons 52. The chain wine bar and grill is part of the Colonnade Outlets section of the mall.
Sawgrass Mills is the second-largest mall in South Florida with 2.29 million square feet of leasable space. The mall hosts 350 tenants and is owned by Simon Property Group, headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Source: South Florida Business Journals
Article Written by: Matthew Arrojas Reporter, South Florida Business Journal